Videos

Talk about the website here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

bfrey003
What year is your cabby?: 1991
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Videos

Post by bfrey003 »

Has anyone thought about making How-to videos with their cabbies and posting them to youtube? I know there are a lot of talented people on here, many with project cars. It's be nice for the less mechanically inclined people such as myself when the bentley/haynes manuals dont make sense.

since most cell phones have acceptable video recording capabilities i dont think you would need anything but time and maybe some video editing software!

Just wanted to throw the idea out there!
ben
'91 Cabriolet Carat - stock (mostly)

Ben
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Re: Videos

Post by kamzcab86 »

Well, considering I have a degree in broadcast production + a video camera + a computer... :mrgreen: It's a great idea and I often think of it as I'm typing up how-to guides; the problem is, I don't have the time right now. It's bad enough that I haven't updated "Cabriolet of the Month" on Cabby-Info.com, nor have I gotten around to scanning all the brochures I have! :oops:

As a starting point, for me and others, what specifically would you like to see in video form?
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

kamzcab86 wrote:Well, considering I have a degree in broadcast production + a video camera + a computer... :mrgreen: It's a great idea and I often think of it as I'm typing up how-to guides; the problem is, I don't have the time right now. It's bad enough that I haven't updated "Cabriolet of the Month" on Cabby-Info.com, nor have I gotten around to scanning all the brochures I have! :oops:

As a starting point, for me and others, what specifically would you like to see in video form?
Let alone posting all my how do I do thats.... :)
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
bfrey003
What year is your cabby?: 1991
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by bfrey003 »

well, considering all our mk1s are at least (ok almost) 20 years old, i think a lot of general maintenance things would be good. tune-ups, belt replacements, hose replacements, etc. Things that might seem mundane for most of you guys, but seem very intimidating to people like me who only really know have to check the oil and change a tire.

Another thing that might be easy is an "Intro to your new Cabby" type video/video series. talk about different components throughout the car, what the general purpose is, common issues, stuff like that.

I know a lot of people seem to have project cars, so whenever you're doing something, try to record it and upload to youtube. sometimes pictures can suffice, but a lot of times they can be really confusing.

Just my thoughts/wishes.
Thanks
'91 Cabriolet Carat - stock (mostly)

Ben