Goin' back to Bug-a-palooza

Did you have a small Get To Gether or spot a line of cabby's somewhere and take a few pics, link them here.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Goin' back to Bug-a-palooza

Post by kuklaki »

Looking forward to this weekend very much-we are going to a VW show in the Chattanooga area. We'll be showing both of our watercooleds, and prepping the cars throughout the week. The hard part is keeping all the pollen off the cars until then. For anyone who is not familiar with spring in the South....be glad. Everything turns a sickly green yellow from pine pollen. Our cars are both covered in this crap-and they just got washed!!
Of course,pics are to come. As one local said about my car...it's fortunate the judges only base their decisions on appearances, not how the car runs :P
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
PDX Cabby
The Living Bentley Manual
What year is your cabby?: 1985
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: Goin' back to Bug-a-palooza

Post by PDX Cabby »

kuklaki wrote:Of course,pics are to come. As one local said about my car...it's fortunate the judges only base their decisions on appearances, not how the car runs :P
Very true. Friend of mine won Best Rabbit and Peoples Choice at a large show a couple seasons ago. We had to talk him into even entering. It was trailored in and out and couldn't even start, let alone run. Thats since been resolved and he has recieved magazine coverage since then.

one way to help reduce the amount of pollen that quickly coats the car: Wash it in the garage with the doors closed. Means you have to be a lil more cautious about where you're spraying, but it keeps the car cleaner a lil longer. The moisture attracts pollens and dusts.
85 Cab - 1.9L 8v, g-grind, euro dual downs to TT race w/ Borla, VWMS fuel dizzy, 2H tranny with 5th gear swap, TT short shift, FK 60/40, 15" BBS RA, rear disks... begging for boost...
kuklaki
Admin Type Person

Post by kuklaki »

Thanks for the tip. Actually, we are going to try and wash/wax/polish both cars tomorrow-the weather will determine just how far we get :)
As far as keeping them clean, it just is not going to happen with the amount of pollen in the air, but if we get all the cleaning done tomorrow, we should only need to basically do wipedowns as we get there. I bought a California duster, btw, the thing is great.
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991

Post by sixsracing »

The North is cursed as well, we have pollen but it doesn't sound as bad as down there. We have mud season, I live a 1/4 mile up a dirt (mud) road. Wash the car in the yard and no matter how slow you go, it's covered by the time you get to pavement. In the summer, the gravel gets picked up by the front tires and sandblasts the paint off of the fenders, inside on the front and outside on the rear just in front of the wheels. Red car with yellow down low, very attactive.
91 Cabriolet, red w/white
86 Cabriolet white/white (oldest daughter)
97 Golf, black (youngest daughter)
98 Beetle, red
94 Cabrio, dark green (oldest son)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Our pollen levels are like a full scale military invasion. Case point, Kuk washed my rocco yesterday and put it in the garage. By the time I got home from work, there was alreadya nice layer of pollen covering the entire car.

Every day I go to leave work, I "have" to clean off the windshield or run the risk or running into anything in front of me. It doesn't just looks like a nice breeze blew a light dusting on the cars, it looks like somone dumped a sack of yellow flower on the cars. It's sick when you can see the yellow in the air. :evil:
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991

Post by sixsracing »

I imagine it does a nice job on the air filter also.
91 Cabriolet, red w/white
86 Cabriolet white/white (oldest daughter)
97 Golf, black (youngest daughter)
98 Beetle, red
94 Cabrio, dark green (oldest son)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Yea, I usually get a recharger kit for my K&N in the spring so that can wash it out every 2 weeks or so.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C