Southern VolksFest 05'

Link pics of shows or events here. As always, contact Calimus if you need your pics hosted.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Southern VolksFest 05'

Post by Calimus »

Ok, here is the link to the pics that I took at the show.

http://www.techography.net/gallery/svfest05?page=1

Show rundown - Was a great show, started off pouring rain and then came the winds from hell. After that we were left with a nice overcast and great temps. Lots of great cars and I mean a lot of them. Met up with Bubster (Robert) and Briano (Brian). Had a blast talking with these guys, for some odd reason, they didn't enter their cars (really guy's, your too hard on your own cars) but they showed up and chatted and i think they had a good time.

Show ended with our own Admin Lady (Cristine) taking 1st place in a very tough catagory. Not only was she up against other cabby's, but A1 GTI's and Caddy's as well. Look at the pics, she was up against some really nice cars. Black Cabriolet (Juan) took 2nd place with his cabby which means he also did extreamly well against the same lot of contenders that Cristine did. Way to go Juan. I'm really glad he placed since he drove all the way from Memphis Tn for this show and got to leave with a nice glass trophy to show for all his hard work.

We (Cristine and I) played host to some Vortex folks (VwNick and his friend Mark) Friday night. Nick bought his current Scirocco from Mark and has had very little time to work on the car but netted 1st place in the Scirocco Stock catagory. An before anyone asks, no my rocco didn't place, but thats fine by me, the awards went exactly where they should have.

To wrap up, there were also some nice Raffles and Drawings to be won, which our little group did just that.

Cristine netted a very slick VW folding chair (see the pics)
Nick netted a 150 piece tool set (you can never have enough)
Juan netted a complete car wash/detailing kit from Turtle Wax (some nice stuf in there)
William (me) got the grand prize (at least I think so) a PhatNoise Digital Audio System (also see pics and yes I know I'm grinning like a jackass)

So this show was not only a blast, but all of us walked away with stuf that was worth more then what our entry fee's cost us. Now how do you beat that?
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
bubster007

Post by bubster007 »

A professional photographer could not have put together a better selection of pictures of the show. Great captions too. I still have to say that your Rocco looks better in the pictures that Nick's. You did not have a lot of time to detail your car before the show (after all you had two cars to deal with before the show) but there was not a major difference in Nick's car over yours. Your new wheels really are kickin' and you dog, look at that PHAT system. Somehow, I think the stereo system makes up for not getting a trophy. Thanks for posting the pictures. You're number one in my book.
92 Cabby Triple White...de Bubster
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Robert, your too kind. Though I will happily admit that Nicks rocco has mine beat in several area's, namely paint and engine bay cleanliness. However, I thank you all the same. If all goes well, by the end of the year, I'll be a good bit closer to where I want the car to be.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
BigDaddy90Cabby
Exploited Staff Member

Post by BigDaddy90Cabby »

Those pics turned out pretty good.. Congrats on 1st place cristine.
Jimmy
1990 Cabby
Corpus Christi, TX

http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigdaddyjimmyjam
"That's funny, I don't care who you are, that's funny!"
1lowcab
DropTop Pimp

Post by 1lowcab »

great pics!! i'm afraid i'd spent all day drooling over the leon. who owns it and how the hell did they get it over here, thats what i want to know.

did ya see any of the ohiovw guys there?
If you can't beat them, drop the top and pimp by 'em!

85 Mercedes 500SEL grey market euro
Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol
BigDaddy90Cabby
Exploited Staff Member

Post by BigDaddy90Cabby »

1lowcab wrote:great pics!! i'm afraid i'd spent all day drooling over the leon. who owns it and how the hell did they get it over here, thats what i want to know.

did ya see any of the ohiovw guys there?
According to Calimus.. it is registered in Mexico.. was brought up there from here.. i mean down there... still thinking i live in north mexico! May as well.. just 2 hours away!
Jimmy
1990 Cabby
Corpus Christi, TX

http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigdaddyjimmyjam
"That's funny, I don't care who you are, that's funny!"
bubster007

Post by bubster007 »

Yea, in one of the photos you can clearly see the Mexico tag on the back. That was my first thought when it drove up and someone told me it was a Leon.
92 Cabby Triple White...de Bubster
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

I can't recall speaking with or seeing any of the OH guys. I wish I had taken more pics, I noticed that there were definitly some cars that I missed, but thats the price you pay for gabbing too much I think. Met and talked with a lot of great folks.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991

Post by sixsracing »

Thanks for the pics Calimus, great shots. I like the green Golf and your Scirocco is looking fine too. Congrats on the first place finish, someday I might own something I could drive to a show without hiding my face, never mind entering.

Are those purple chairs for sale at VW? FBG loves purple and when she sees that I'm gonna have to go find one.
91 Cabriolet, red w/white
86 Cabriolet white/white (oldest daughter)
97 Golf, black (youngest daughter)
98 Beetle, red
94 Cabrio, dark green (oldest son)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

What pic is that chair in that you are refering to? All the pics have number, so if you can tell me the number, I might be able to answer that.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy

Post by sixsracing »

I would have to say it's the chair that she won. Purple, wood arm supports, "VW Driver's Wanted" in lettering near top. I'll get you a number.
98 Beetle, red
Cogito Ergo Zoom
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Ok, that chair is actually VW blue. Just kinda looks purple form the flash, but yes VW does sell them, they are $$ though. Cristine looked it up when we got back from the show and they have it listed fot like over $60. They might have them in purple though, I don't know if there are color options.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy

Post by sixsracing »

Thanks Calimus!

$60.00 isn't bad, cost me over $80.00 for her vanity chair/stool for the bathroom. I sure hope they are available in purple.
98 Beetle, red
Cogito Ergo Zoom
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

Great turnout! Awesome looking cars :thumbup: 8)