Bug-a-Paluza 7

Link pics of shows or events here. As always, contact Calimus if you need your pics hosted.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Bug-a-Paluza 7

Post by kuklaki »

The Scenic City Volks Folks will be putting hosting Bug-a-Paluza 7 VW show and campout April 16-17 in Camp Jordan, TN (Chattanooga). For those of you who are not familiar with this show, I'll brief you.
The Scenic City folks started out putting on this show with mostly aircooled VW's, with just one category for watercooled dubs. Without much prompting, they expanded their show categories to accomodate every kind of watercooled VW as well, and are really trying to attract as many as possible. The club guys and show goers are all great, and very laid back without the usual attitudes normally seen at many of the larger watercooled shows.

Here is the official website, more info will be coming as it is early yet.
http://www.bugapaluza.com/

And here you can see pics of past shows (can you find ours?)
http://www.volksfolks.org/
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
1lowcab
DropTop Pimp
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by 1lowcab »

cool, sounds like fun! are you guys showing? i can't wait till the show season starts here.
If you can't beat them, drop the top and pimp by 'em!

85 Mercedes 500SEL grey market euro
Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

The cabby will prollie be showing. I doubt I'll bother with the rocc this year. It just needs too much work.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
1lowcab
DropTop Pimp

Post by 1lowcab »

aawww, poor rocco. you know i'm a 16v rocco guy at heart, show it some love...for me and my old 16v rocco. :D

Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

I have over the years, it's been to this show 3-4 times. However, this year, I've spent too much time and money on the wifes cabby and as a result, the rocco is not in the best of shape to be out in public. I've got motor mounts that need replacing, as well as the entire exhaust system so it stops sounding like a 70's chevy van. It also needs a new distributor and could prollie use a new head as well.

I have almost all the parts I need, just don't have the time and having to wait and build up the $$ a bit to get it done. It's all good though. They cabby has deserved all the attention and resources thats been put into it. It's gonna be damn nice in about another years time when the finishing touches go on. :twisted:
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
kuklaki
Admin Type Person

Post by kuklaki »

Update: the cabby and the Scirocco are both detailed and ready to go to the show. I am very excited about showing this year-there should be a couple more Cabbies showing up as well as some new Rocco people. As usual we will have lots of pics for those of you who are curious.

Wish us luck!!!
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

WOW i just registered for the Southern Volks Fest at D&B at the end of the month. Maybe you will see me.....there....
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

We will be there for sure. Before the show hits, we'll make sure to plan out a way to find ya.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

Thanks but all bets are off kinda. I may ot may not be there. It seams that I am one of the 2% of the population that a thalium stress test may be inaccurate. ie: had one 8 years ago after my stroke, "oh your okay nothing to worry about, your heart is fine....and six months later Acute Coranary Syndrome..97 percent blocked artery.

Well again I am having the same symptoms, and the Stress Test was 100 percent perfect. But why am I still having the difficulties that I am having.

Today the Cardiologist has order a left and right heart catherization, for Monday so depending on what they do or don't find, I may or may not be attending. I will be walking funny if I am there....They use 2 insicions in the groin.

If there is more blockage and in a different area, another stent. If it is in the same area...by-pass.

Just a heads up...I won't have time to get my little white POS ready, as momma won't let me do anything....

Then to add to the Mix I have a Endoscopic exam Scheduled for Wed. I am gonna be uncomfortable on both ends....But I really hoping to see everyone. :wink:

Briano
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

After reading that I just don't know what to say other then I hope like hell they find whatever the problem is.

Considering what your about to go through, If I were you, I would stay at home then risk the trip or the discomfort.

Since you're not too far away, there will certainly be times made available for some of us to get together. Preferably when you have been sliced, diced, poked and prodded. Damn, I'm hurting just thining about all that.

Good luck to you and speedy recovery.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
1lowcab
DropTop Pimp

Post by 1lowcab »

wow! that sux, hope everything works out for you. my mom had a heart cath + stent last year, said it hurt like hell.

P.S
i'll say a prayer for ya.....

Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

It is but a reminder that you are what you eat....lol I love smoked Pork Bar-b-queue, Ham, Deep Fried Chicken, Catfish and hushpuppies. Genes it is all in the Genes...lol

I have had 3 previous Caths, so I know what to expect. It is only the unexpected that I worry about.

Old family saying:

There are only two things to worry about, either you are going to get well, or your going to die.

If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about.

If you die, then there is only two things to worry about, either you go to heaven or you go to hell.

If you go to heaven, then there is nothing to worry about.

If you go to hell.....You will be so busy shaking hands with all your friends, relations, and politicians you won't have time to worry about where you are for the first 200 years...and knowing you, you'll have the run of the place in no time.....lol

My family has a twisted sense of humor...
Briano

kuklaki
Admin Type Person

Post by kuklaki »

Had a great time at BugApaluza!! Got to meet a few people who came out from the Vortex, camped out with them, and suprisingly met a couple others who have been to TRF, knew who I was, have been in my garage, but I did not know them.
If you are reading this now-I really enjoyed talking to you!!! Dont be shy and introduce yourself sometime 8)

"virtual car show" pics are all here:

:!: http://www.techography.net/gallery/bp7 :!:

Take a look at them-there were some amazing cars at the show this year-it was one of the biggest turnouts ever!

Here are a few of the Cabby's that attended:

And just for fun....

The Hummbug

Toy Beetle (the turnkey really rotates when the car is driving)

87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991

Post by sixsracing »

Thanks for the pics Kuklaki, almost as much fun as being there.
No, not really.

I like the trailer idea.

Did you bring home a trophy or at least a ribbon?
91 Cabriolet, red w/white
86 Cabriolet white/white (oldest daughter)
97 Golf, black (youngest daughter)
98 Beetle, red
94 Cabrio, dark green (oldest son)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
kuklaki
Admin Type Person

Post by kuklaki »

William and I both got 3rd place in our categories.

We both face the same predicament-two people we will never be able to beat at at show because their cars are so beautiful. This year the Nashty Rabbit was in my show category, and of course, he always has Ray's beautiful Mars Red MKI to contend with.
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)