Blasphemy? You decide.

Ok, ok, I mean the cars and thats all I mean. If you have pics of your "Cars" out on the net somewhere, link the image of your "Car" here.

For those of you that don't have a place on the net to host your pics, contact our pic master Calimus at calimus@techography.net

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

dubchickshubby
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Blasphemy? You decide.

Post by dubchickshubby »

Too much time on my hands and I went Old Skool... maybe too Old for the Cab? Let me hear your comments. I'm expecting more bad than good, but I've already got one Pretty Cabby in the house!

Next thing to come out is the pinstripe dagger. Can anyone say "Angry Tiki"?
Her car, my tools. It's all about sharing!
///Ocean State Dubs
'87 red/white Cabby
'92 Triple white Cabby(an 8V decked and overbored nightmare. 303 Cam baybee!)
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

I like it, I think there should be a little more red in the front, and wicked metal flake yellow. I like it....
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
dubchickshubby

Post by dubchickshubby »

It actually is red. The picture came out neon orange for some reason. Chalk it up to dark conditions and a flash on the camera. I was going to tip them in yellow, but it's got so humid I didn't want the tape to bond to the paint. so red it is. I'll outline them with the dagger. White or maybe a neon blue. Possibly purple or neon green. Can't decide right now, I'll let my son decide. He picked the red. I was going to go purple, but he pointed out that the engine compartment was still the original red so the flames tied it together and the purple would've negated that. 12 years old and already an artful eye!
///Ocean State Dubs
'87 red/white Cabby
SammySJ99

Post by SammySJ99 »

I like it... I think there needs do be more then red and you solved that by saying you were going to add color... it isn't everyday you see a flaming cabby!!
Cars I have owned:

78 VW Rabbit (RIP)
94 Ford Mustang
02 Ford Mustang
04 Dodge SRT-4 (RIP)
89 W Rabbit (current)
BigDaddy90Cabby
Exploited Staff Member

Post by BigDaddy90Cabby »

That looks kick ass!!! I really like that... I think that if I were to do that... which the thought did cross my mind while on some good pain meds.. i would not have a definite break between the black and red.. i would do a bit of an airbrush outline between the black and red.... funny thing is... that my 6 year old son said that i need to put flames on my cabby too... he wants me to have flames on the outside, and inside.. all over.. my little pyro.!! :D

oh ya, and what is a pinstripe dagger,??
Jimmy
1990 Cabby
Corpus Christi, TX

http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigdaddyjimmyjam
"That's funny, I don't care who you are, that's funny!"
BigDaddy90Cabby
Exploited Staff Member

Did you do that yourself???
Jimmy
1990 Cabby
Corpus Christi, TX

Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

I'm actually digging it a lot. Flames are hard to do but it looks like you have an excellent handle on them. Nice work.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
dubchickshubby

Post by dubchickshubby »

Thanks guys, It's more positve than I thought it would be, but then again I haven't heard from the gals yet... :lol:

Actually I was a bit too "right handed" with them now that I can see it in a picture, but flames aren't really that hard. It's just a TON of masking that's involved! I had to cover the entire car just to do the nose! I really would've liked yellow tips as well...

The picture looks much better than the end result though. I've got a lot of folllow up work. The only place I could paint it was a tent type parking awing, so of course there was a swarm of gnats that just had to land on the wet paint!
///Ocean State Dubs
'87 red/white Cabby
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Excellent. Looks great.

Why is it that a good flame job is never out of style?
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
BigDaddy90Cabby
Exploited Staff Member

Does your cabby have a clipper kit.??? Can you post a pic of the whole car now?? and you still can do yellow tips.... but they can be airbrushed, I am trying to find a pic of the 26 ford roaster my buddy just finished... the guy loved flames.. even has them tattoo-d on is wrists going up his arms.. hehehe
Jimmy
1990 Cabby
Corpus Christi, TX

1lowcab
DropTop Pimp

Post by 1lowcab »

kick-ass flame job! it would look awesome if it had gone from white to yellow to red outlined in white. but it looks great as is. are you going to paint the grill red also?
If you can't beat them, drop the top and pimp by 'em!

85 Mercedes 500SEL grey market euro
Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

Well, there has to be one in every group soooooooooooo:

Nice job on the flame work and :thumbup: for being different , but I'm just not a flame girl.
dubchickshubby

Post by dubchickshubby »

No clipper kit, and a plain two headlight grille. The grille will stay black, and the bumpers are Satin black as well as the fender flares.
My old airbrush was out of commision (last time I used it was in the 80's), and now the single color is kinda growing on me. The edges WILL be pinstriped though, that is a must.
A full picture is in the forum under "Meet the twins", but it was the old cabby before going to the dark side with the paint and interior work. I'm going out to bolt the bumpers on and such, and will post a full set when I'm done.
I love all the comments, I've found that most (old) car guys like flames and it seems that it's thae same in this circle. What I like about flame jobs is that it's a true personal expression. Style, colors, placement are always unique. Sometimes intentional, sometimes not, but always Kool. Even the "nasty" ones done with rattle cans! (I did my lawn tractor this way)

The key to always remember is Rule #1 when flaming: "There are no rules!"

Oh, and thanks Kammy, that meant alot 'cause I had you pegged as a non-flamer, but it's clear you're not without "Kulture". :)
///Ocean State Dubs
'87 red/white Cabby
BigDaddy90Cabby
Exploited Staff Member

dubchickshubby wrote: I love all the comments, I've found that most (old) car guys like flames and it seems that it's thae same in this circle. What I like about flame jobs is that it's a true personal expression. Style, colors, placement are always unique. Sometimes intentional, sometimes not, but always Kool. Even the "nasty" ones done with rattle cans! (I did my lawn tractor this way)

The key to always remember is Rule #1 when flaming: "There are no rules!"
Don't mean to steal your thread... but since you were talking about flame jobs...I know its not a VW but speaking of rattle can flame jobs.. this is a pic of my buddies original paintjob on a 26 ford roadster. Check it.

(YOU CAN SEE THE BULLET HOLES IN THE DOOR...there since the 30's he was told by grandpa).the seats are just set in there.. for lack of better place to put them,, this will be next project for him when he finishes the Rat Rod Bug.

This will have flames by the end of next week (same guy, diff project)
Jimmy
1990 Cabby
Corpus Christi, TX

SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

looks like i was beaten to the punch on ideas for how you should complete it....

stick with an old skool rodder theme....billet mirrors, steelies with moons, white walls....ect...ect