How about restored stock Cabbies?

Ok, ok, I mean the cars and thats all I mean. If you have pics of your "Cars" out on the net somewhere, link the image of your "Car" here.

For those of you that don't have a place on the net to host your pics, contact our pic master Calimus at calimus@techography.net

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

How about restored stock Cabbies?

Post by kuklaki »

I'm talking about "looks like it just drove off the lot" types. Time to go through your jpg folder and post some of those long forgotten pics, but stock babes need lovin, too.
Who'll be first?
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
PDX Cabby
The Living Bentley Manual
What year is your cabby?: 1985
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by PDX Cabby »

ah... so not stock as in how it looks now....

well...
thats tough for me
got pics, but dunno how many have actually been restored instead of just well maintained
85 Cab - 1.9L 8v, g-grind, euro dual downs to TT race w/ Borla, VWMS fuel dizzy, 2H tranny with 5th gear swap, TT short shift, FK 60/40, 15" BBS RA, rear disks... begging for boost...
kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by kuklaki »

Well, as in the case with mine, it was just well maintained by the original owner-I am the second owner. A lot of these cars were used and abused by previous owners-namely stupid young girls who's daddy bought them a cute car. (for anyone reading and getting yourself worked up: Extinguish those flames now, I did not say all of them, and you know this was the targeted market for these cars!)

With that being said, most of the beautiful Cabbies that I have seen have had a lot of time and money put into them, look a lot less "girlie" but also are far from stock. Could be because they needed some rebuilding anyways, so why not do it "your way". And I find no harm in that. But there is something to be said about the simple beauty of a car that is as old as some of these that is in pristine original condition-so I was looking for more samples and inspiration.
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

i prefer bone stock (looking) but with a serious altitude adjustment