My "Jagerbriolet"

Ok, ok, I mean the cars and thats all I mean. If you have pics of your "Cars" out on the net somewhere, link the image of your "Car" here.

For those of you that don't have a place on the net to host your pics, contact our pic master Calimus at calimus@techography.net

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

BkoolB3
What year is your cabby?: 1981
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

My "Jagerbriolet"

Post by BkoolB3 »

Here's my project cabby in various stages:

First mod was the wheels

Weitech Coilovers in, no more 4x4 :mrgreen:

Found an old school dual round grill

Wanted to try something different from my previous MK1's

MK2 Gti front seats

Corrado rear seats just "roughed in" for now, working on getting them mounted properly

2 of 3 other reasons why this project is taking so long LOL

The third reason (my wife says I have project car A.D.D. :lol: )

Eyebrow spoiler added last summer & removed bumper guards

This summer, finally got around to fitting cab kit front & rear bumpers (been sitting on the cab kit for almost 2 years now :rolleyes: )

Still have some bodywork to get done & still trying to decide on what direction I'm going with side skirts, leaning towards the OEM cab kit skirts as they will fit the best with no mods, but I'm also sitting on a set of Reiger MK1 skirts that will need some modding to work with the cab kit flares (that still also need to be mounted)

The wife & cabby :P

I'm hoping to get my new front fenders on in the coming weeks so I can finish out with the rest of the cab kit. Hopefully I can get it into the paint booth over the winter. I'm also working on an BBS RM build for next year.
Thanks for looking!
'81 Cabby
'98 B5 Audi A4 1.8T
'06 B7 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro
'91 Passat 16V Wagon
bbrown
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Re: My "Jagerbriolet"

Post by bbrown »

Welcome to the forum and your Cabby looks really good. Keep it and the wife. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Is that an early Rabbit dash stuffed with a mk2 gauge cluster? Nice look. Funny how most mk1 guys upgrade to the Cabby dash.
Hang on to that grille. They are pretty rare, and I know because I have been wanting one for some time now. Keep the pics and updates comming. :thumbup: :thumbup:
~Buster

1986 VW Cabriolet 1.8 5 spd.

~__|__\__
[(O)__(O)]
bbrown
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by bbrown »

bbrown wrote: Is that an early Rabbit dash stuffed with a mk2 gauge cluster? Nice look. Funny how most mk1 guys upgrade to the Cabby dash.
Dope. :banghead: Major Deja Vu. That's a complete Mk2 dash with gauges. I knew that it looked to "new" to be a mk1...
~Buster

1986 VW Cabriolet 1.8 5 spd.

~__|__\__
[(O)__(O)]
BkoolB3

Post by BkoolB3 »

bbrown wrote:
bbrown wrote: Is that an early Rabbit dash stuffed with a mk2 gauge cluster? Nice look. Funny how most mk1 guys upgrade to the Cabby dash.
Dope. :banghead: Major Deja Vu. That's a complete Mk2 dash with gauges. I knew that it looked to "new" to be a mk1...
Thanks mang! I'd never done a dash swap in my other MK1's before & the MK2 swap seemed the most logical especially for least amount of modifications. I was originally going to see if I could get the MK2 GTi lower pieces to work, but mounting them was proving to be a big pain in the ass. So I just did a little cutting of the upper lip on the cabby lower knee bar & I think it looks way better as it seems to flow better. I got really lucky that one of my buddies in a local VW club I crew with had come across that early quad light grill. I had a later style cabby grill on a '79 GTi that I owned 20 years ago & when I ran an eyebrow spoiler I wasn't big on how the eyebrow was cut out to fit the inner lights protruding. I much prefer the "covered" look with the eyebrow spolier going straight across uninterrupted.

Here's another *cough* interior shot:
'81 Cabby
'98 B5 Audi A4 1.8T
'91 Passat 16V Wagon
BkoolB3

Post by BkoolB3 »

Got some updates on this project: I previously posted the Audi 3A 2.0L/solid lifter head engine swap recently completed in the "Engine Performance" section, but there's a few other things that have recently happened as well-thought I'd give you guys an update.

There was some nasty dents on both front fenders, so those were replaced with aftermarket OEM style ones:

I came across a deal for black leather Corrado seats that I couldn't pass up, so I swapped out the grey cloth Corrado set for the leather ones. I really love the height adjustment options with these seats!

Teaser pics of a current wheel build I'm doing for the cabby:

'81 Cabby
'98 B5 Audi A4 1.8T
'91 Passat 16V Wagon
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

Tough looking Cab. I really think i need to start cleaning the garage back up again so I can get Crabby out to play in the sunlight.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Nice looking ride. I noticed how you tied the BBS's in to the color of her toenails.

Calimus wrote:Tough looking Cab. I really think i need to start cleaning the garage back up again so I can get Crabby out to play in the sunlight.
Ahhhh I can finally walk all around my cabby in the garage without having to move anything, and I have all my tools back in order...took 2 days... but 7 months of tossing things around in the boxes and or garage makes one hell of a mess, and I found quite a lot of tools that I was missing. Along with a working defroster switch that I need to replace my broken one... seems I forgot where I put it.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Yea, I've gotten a fair bit cleaned up over the last few weekends. Still have one extra Motorcycle in the garage that needs to go back to it's home or a new home (Can't believe with gas at $4 a gallon that no one wants a 60mpg commuter bike) and then I'll have a crap ton of space to get things situated in.

That and I just need to borrow a truck so I can haul gobs of crap to the dump. Lots of misc cabby/rocco parts. Need to sort out the junk from what might be usable and maybe put a few parts up here and see if anyone wants them super cheap.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
BkoolB3

Post by BkoolB3 »

Making some progress with the wheels, UPS dropped off some goodies direct from Germany :thumbup: :thumbup:

'81 Cabby
'98 B5 Audi A4 1.8T
'91 Passat 16V Wagon
speedtek
What year is your cabby?: 1982

Post by speedtek »

Very nice ride.......looks awesome 8)

Next step.......1.8T :wink:
I just know shit..........
my (really) old cardomain
BkoolB3

Post by BkoolB3 »

speedtek wrote:Very nice ride.......looks awesome 8)

Next step.......1.8T :wink:
I was tempted to do that last year, but I'm keeping it old school. I just swapped in an Audi AAA 2.0L block with solid lifter head, Schrick 288 deg/440 lift cam, Supersprint header, so it rips fairly well now :mrgreen:
'81 Cabby
'98 B5 Audi A4 1.8T
'91 Passat 16V Wagon
BkoolB3

Post by BkoolB3 »

Not much of an update, but after trying a few different things with RM bolts like attempting to polish them, paint, etc I decided that it would look better to just simply order gold bolts :rolleyes: I got a little sidetracked with selling off other old projects like both our B3's (Audi 90 & Passat), ended up getting an '06 B7 Audi A4 for the wife & I horse-traded my Jeep Cherokee & some parts for a B3 Passat wagon & a '98 B5 Audi A4. Wife & I decided that we couldn't part with the cabby (whew) :mrgreen:

Anyhoo...here's the final outcome of my BBS RM build:

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all!!
'81 Cabby
'98 B5 Audi A4 1.8T
'91 Passat 16V Wagon
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Very nice. We are also in the boat where we can't part with the Cabby. We've even considered letting the Scirocco's go, but my wife intends to keep the cabby till she dies.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
anika_perry

Post by anika_perry »

Love the chrome mags and all your modifications! :) :thumbup: