Took a few new pics today...

Ok, ok, I mean the cars and thats all I mean. If you have pics of your "Cars" out on the net somewhere, link the image of your "Car" here.

For those of you that don't have a place on the net to host your pics, contact our pic master Calimus at calimus@techography.net

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

RydnShotgun
What year is your cabby?: 0

Post by RydnShotgun »

you're in Bangor right? that is pretty far up there, but throw out a feeler in the new england forum on vortex, i'm sure that are a lot of people willing to make the trip :thumbup:
knoxsville
What year is your cabby?: 1993

Re: Took a few new pics today...

Post by knoxsville »

Was curious about whta size wheels you are running with tires? I am In the market for new ones and have a debate against 15s and 16s running 205/45/16 or 205/50/15.

any help would be much appreciated.
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by sixsracing »

This question wasn't directed to me but I'll weigh in anyway. I was running 195/50/15's on the rims in the photos, have sinced swapped to 205/40/17's on my new rims. I love the stiffness, but I also have SRS springs with Boge turbo's all around. I can rub tires if I have the kids in the back, and can occasionally touch the right front if driving VERY aggressively.

Check your local laws because some states have now adopted rules to mandate tires sizes within +/- 5% or so of factory supplied.

1010 tire.com has a very handy tire size calculator on it.

Hope this helps.
91 Cabriolet, red w/white
86 Cabriolet white/white (oldest daughter)
97 Golf, black (youngest daughter)
98 Beetle, red
94 Cabrio, dark green (oldest son)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
RydnShotgun
What year is your cabby?: 0

Post by RydnShotgun »

knoxsville wrote:Was curious about whta size wheels you are running with tires? I am In the market for new ones and have a debate against 15s and 16s running 205/45/16 or 205/50/15.

any help would be much appreciated.
the wheels that were on the car when those pics were taken were 16" with 205/40... now I'm running 15's with 195/50's, but when I get new tires i'm going with 195/45 for a slightly lower profile

current pic

kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by kuklaki »

Wow, that is looking great! I love those wheels 8)
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
whozmaresy
What year is your cabby?: 1984
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by whozmaresy »

Yay some other New Englanders with rabbits! We got ours for a couple-hundred bucks and basically restored the whole thing. The good news was that it was from Florida so it had no rust! It's a '84 Rabbit.

My sister lives in Fenway, right near the green monster, too! Too bad the sox aren't doing so well. We live in seacoast, NH.