My '89 Wolfsburg Edition

Ok, ok, I mean the cars and thats all I mean. If you have pics of your "Cars" out on the net somewhere, link the image of your "Car" here.

For those of you that don't have a place on the net to host your pics, contact our pic master Calimus at calimus@techography.net

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Post Reply
User avatar
gull
Posts: 817
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:30 pm
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes
Location: Auburn, WA
Contact:

My '89 Wolfsburg Edition

Post by gull » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:24 am

Image

That picture was taken right after I bought it. Since then, I've had new engine mounts, front seals, and a timing belt installed, put in a new antenna, had new tires put on, and fixed the HVAC controls. I also bought a boot for it on eBay. It still needs a new top -- someone slashed the top and headliner to break into the car, then dug some of the rear seat padding out in an unsuccessful attempt to get into the trunk. (You can see where the headliner was patched with a piece of blue tarp.) It also has a minor dent around the left tail light where it was hit. Other than that, it's in great shape. I've been having a blast driving it, now that the weather's warming up a bit.

Tally of crap found in the car, after buying it:
- $0.25 in change
- 1 set of Sony Playstation cables
- 1 steering/brake locking bar, rusted to uselessness

User avatar
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
Posts: 1277
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:54 pm
What year is your cabby?: 1986
Location: Arizona
Contact:

Post by kamzcab86 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:51 pm

Congrats and welcome! 8)

Those '89 WE's are popping up all over the place! :D

User avatar
gull
Posts: 817
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:30 pm
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes
Location: Auburn, WA
Contact:

Post by gull » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:18 pm

I gotta say I love that blue metallic color. Every other Cabriolet I looked at was red, white, or black.

User avatar
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
Posts: 4087
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:45 am
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No
Location: Duluth, Ga
Contact:

Post by Briano1234 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:40 pm

I like it........but then what else can I say I am after all brain damaged.... :)


I do drive a VW
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:

User avatar
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
Posts: 2012
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:10 pm
What year is your cabby?: 1987
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Post by CalAltaDubber » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:58 pm

That's why I ordered mine in silver when I bought it.
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image

Alpine Cabby
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:48 am

Re: My '89 Wolfsburg Edition

Post by Alpine Cabby » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:34 pm

gull wrote:Image

That picture was taken right after I bought it. Since then, I've had new engine mounts, front seals, and a timing belt installed, put in a new antenna, had new tires put on, and fixed the HVAC controls. I also bought a boot for it on eBay. It still needs a new top -- someone slashed the top and headliner to break into the car, then dug some of the rear seat padding out in an unsuccessful attempt to get into the trunk. (You can see where the headliner was patched with a piece of blue tarp.) It also has a minor dent around the left tail light where it was hit. Other than that, it's in great shape. I've been having a blast driving it, now that the weather's warming up a bit.

Tally of crap found in the car, after buying it:
- $0.25 in change
- 1 set of Sony Playstation cables
- 1 steering/brake locking bar, rusted to uselessness
Good looking Cabby. 8) Is that Helios blue?

Crap that I found in my car when I bought it 5 yrs ago:
-1 Toonie (Cdn Currency)
-2 Loonies (also Cdn Curreny)
-Gas receipt from London, Ontario that dates back to July 1999
-1 -- 80mm mortar shell casing with German markings (used as an ashtay by PO)

User avatar
gull
Posts: 817
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:30 pm
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes
Location: Auburn, WA
Contact:

Post by gull » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:45 pm

I think so. I'm not up on the color names, but it's a sort of metallic light blue that I think was a Wolfsburg Edition-only color that year.
VW fan who fell to the Honda side of the force
Image

User avatar
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
Posts: 1277
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:54 pm
What year is your cabby?: 1986
Location: Arizona
Contact:

Post by kamzcab86 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:43 pm

Star Blue Metallic :wink:

grellow
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:44 pm
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes
Location: manchester uk

Post by grellow » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:38 pm

it aint helios blue
but it is a very nice colour,i,m liking that lots 8)

User avatar
gull
Posts: 817
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:30 pm
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes
Location: Auburn, WA
Contact:

Post by gull » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:53 am

I've been wondering about that big, shallow dent in the hood. At first I thought someone had sat on it, but I've seen a couple of Rabbits with the same one. Does it just sag from inadequate bracing? Or maybe the A/C vacuum reservoir is the culprit?
VW fan who fell to the Honda side of the force
Image

User avatar
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
Posts: 4087
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:45 am
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No
Location: Duluth, Ga
Contact:

Post by Briano1234 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:01 am

gull wrote:I've been wondering about that big, shallow dent in the hood. At first I thought someone had sat on it, but I've seen a couple of Rabbits with the same one. Does it just sag from inadequate bracing? Or maybe the A/C vacuum reservoir is the culprit?
No that isn't because of the Vaccuum Res. And it isn't from inporper bracing.

It is from a large person or parcel being placed in an unsupported area of the hood.

I have owned 3 rabbits over 25 years, and I can tell you that for a fact.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:

User avatar
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
Posts: 1277
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:54 pm
What year is your cabby?: 1986
Location: Arizona
Contact:

Post by kamzcab86 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:03 pm

grellow wrote:it aint helios blue
but it is a very nice colour,i,m liking that lots 8)
The color, as stated above, is Star Blue Metallic. :wink: ; only the 1989 Wolfsburg Edition Cabriolets received that color.

Post Reply