Jetta Update

Ok, ok, I mean the cars and thats all I mean. If you have pics of your "Cars" out on the net somewhere, link the image of your "Car" here.

For those of you that don't have a place on the net to host your pics, contact our pic master Calimus at calimus@techography.net

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

bbrown
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Re: Jetta Update

Post by bbrown »

Congrats! The car looks good and sounds good, although it seemed to be idling a tad bit high to me from what I could tell in the video. Anyways I know you have worked hard at it and you must be very pleased. :thumbup: :thumbup:
~Buster

1986 VW Cabriolet 1.8 5 spd.

~__|__\__
[(O)__(O)]
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

A successful conclusions to a 4 years old post. YEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWW.

Congrats.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
gull
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by gull »

bbrown wrote:Congrats! The car looks good and sounds good, although it seemed to be idling a tad bit high to me from what I could tell in the video.
Bet it was still on the cold high idle, if he'd just started it.
VW fan who fell to the Honda side of the force
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

according to my tach its idling about 1000 rpm, so yeah its a little high...im trying to figure out a remedy for it....i drove it around the block this morning and its got some balls for sure
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

About damn time. Glad to see you finally have it up and running again. car looks & sounds great. Congratz Sir on a job well done.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

i think my o2 sensor might be the culprit, it seems to be running rich, so much so that when the car is warmed up it is very hard to start, like its just dumping fuel into the cylinders
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

yea, definitely watch for that. Had a similar issue with my rocco when I got it running. Dumped so much fuel it thinned the oil and now I have a spun rod bearing.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
gull

Post by gull »

I don't know a lot about CIS-E, but if I suspected the O2 sensor I'd unplug it and see if the car ran better open-loop. If it does, probably the sensor or its associated wiring. I had an intermittent short in the O2 sensor wiring on my car and I went round and round for a while trying to figure out what was going on, so a "jiggle test" on the harness might be in order, too.
VW fan who fell to the Honda side of the force
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

gull wrote:I don't know a lot about CIS-E, but if I suspected the O2 sensor I'd unplug it and see if the car ran better open-loop. If it does, probably the sensor or its associated wiring. I had an intermittent short in the O2 sensor wiring on my car and I went round and round for a while trying to figure out what was going on, so a "jiggle test" on the harness might be in order, too.
if i unplug the o2 it runs the same, but loweres the idle to where it should be, but unplugging the DPR has the same effect
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

brake lights work now, just need to get my heasdlight switch and get this thing to pass smog
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

CA DMV is friggen full of morons...i cant get a trip permit because the car was uninsured in 2007...even though it is currently insured i have to jump through hoops to get them to take the restriction off the registration so i can get a trip permit to smog it...but they want me to smog it and fail before i can get a trip permit....makes absolutely no sense. and they wonder why so many people drive with expired registration in this state
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

SoCal_Cabby wrote:CA DMV is friggen full of morons...i cant get a trip permit because the car was uninsured in 2007...even though it is currently insured i have to jump through hoops to get them to take the restriction off the registration so i can get a trip permit to smog it...but they want me to smog it and fail before i can get a trip permit....makes absolutely no sense. and they wonder why so many people drive with expired registration in this state
Shoot, just have them read this post, and they will see why it wasn't driven, or insured in 2007. But I too have had a similar issue, that the insurance company took my 81 off when i put the 82 on that I bought. Then I had to have it re-instated...then back in the long lines...only to find out that the binder I had didn't have a expiration date on it.....
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991

Post by sixsracing »

Maine is awesome. When I bought the Lexus out of state, the town hall gave us a registration and plates with no title or bill of sale. When we showed up at the lot the guy couldn't believe we had all the paperwork and didn't even own the thing yet. :shock:
91 Cabriolet, red w/white
86 Cabriolet white/white (oldest daughter)
97 Golf, black (youngest daughter)
98 Beetle, red
94 Cabrio, dark green (oldest son)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

i'm "smogging" it this weekend....it sucks to have it completely road ready and still not be able to drive it
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

so smogging it fell through...i am shotgunning my rich running problem parts should be here today or tomorrow...lets just hope the cheap parts fixes the issue....im not looking forward to buying a new DPR or ISV