Jetta Update

Ok, ok, I mean the cars and thats all I mean. If you have pics of your "Cars" out on the net somewhere, link the image of your "Car" here.

For those of you that don't have a place on the net to host your pics, contact our pic master Calimus at calimus@techography.net

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: Jetta Update

Post by Calimus »

Not sure how I missed all that. That really does suck. I know the feeling though, have rod knock in my rocco as well, but it was my own stupid fault.

As for the flywheel, as much as that sucks, stick with the factory unless you are wanting to drag race it on the 1/4 tracks a lot. The alum one really hurts you on take off & down low trq. Once in the high RPM's it's great, but if you daily drive, I'd stick with factory heavy flywheel.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

Calimus wrote:Not sure how I missed all that. That really does suck. I know the feeling though, have rod knock in my rocco as well, but it was my own stupid fault.

As for the flywheel, as much as that sucks, stick with the factory unless you are wanting to drag race it on the 1/4 tracks a lot. The alum one really hurts you on take off & down low trq. Once in the high RPM's it's great, but if you daily drive, I'd stick with factory heavy flywheel.

the problem is ive had that flywheel since 2000. and they dont make the aluminum 16v flywheels anymore
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

Oh I understand getting back what's yours. I'm just saying, if you get it back, stick it on a shelf till you're ready to build a track car. The PO of my A6 slapped a lightened flywheel in it along with a stage 2 clutch. Makes for some very choppy takeoff's when I'm trying to be nice & easy.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C