Psssst......don't tell it's a secret.

Self explanitory, if you did a cool mod to the body to help performance, talk about it here and post some pictures too.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Psssst......don't tell it's a secret.

Post by Briano1234 »

The other day I had a flash of brilliance that would strike fear into most.

My door catch pins were devoid of the nylon rub stop, I've tried all kinds of things to replace that nylon, nothing worked permantly and I was a little disheartened.

Then in a brief flash, I got the answer.

On 4 door rabbits/jetta/golfs there are 4 door catch pins that are identicle.

What I have found is that on the rear passenger side of most cars are intact door catch pins, I know I can get them at the stealerships or order them online for a quid or 5, but that isn't in the best interest of my little 1/4 dutch heart.

Going through the yard one car at a time I found 2 perfect door pins.

Now here is the secret, you have to use thinner fender washers. :)

I thought that since you all have mentioned this as a sticky point or 3 that I would share my solution with you.

As this is what the forums and the build up threads are for, sharing sources or parts are what it is all about.

To good fixing.

Briano
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
kda339
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by kda339 »

This is good to know I had never thought about it until now. I'm also thinking on this note that the MKI & MKII Scirocco are the same also. However do not hold my feet to the fire on this on I do not have my ETKA up and running. :D
'87 Cab 2.0 16v