true high performance body mod

Self explanitory, if you did a cool mod to the body to help performance, talk about it here and post some pictures too.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

PDX Cabby
The Living Bentley Manual
What year is your cabby?: 1985
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

true high performance body mod

Post by PDX Cabby »

Second only to finally scoring a canvas top, the best thing I've ever done body-wise is start to protect the canvas.

I started with 303 Fabric Cleaner following the directions on the bottle. Rinse, spray, scrub, let sit, scrub, rinse. Then I did it again. This stuff is concentrated and will need to be diluted

I let it dry for a day and followed it up with 303 High Tech Fabric Guard. This stuff is like scotchguard on steroids. It rained 2 days after treating and my top was perfectly dry. Water just beaded up and rolled right off. The best part is this 303 Fabric Guard is also a UV Protectant!. This helps brings longer life to the threads and stitchings that hold the top together.

Now, 303 Fabric Guard is NOT for vinyl tops. Sorry, says so right on the bottle.

Do not despair. They do have a product made for vinyl - 303 Aerospace Protectant. This offers the same UV protection and water-proofing that the Fabric Guard offers. My coworker also uses this same stuff to blacken his body trim, door/window seals, and more.

303 does also make a specific "convertible top cleaner" that works on both canvas and vinyl. Unfortunately the store i went to was all out. Since I wasn't playing with vinyl anymore, i went ahead with the fabric cleaner. Doubt that there is much of a difference, but, who knows... when i get done with this stuff, i'll try the convertible cleaner...

protect your top, and it'll perform like it should for years
85 Cab - 1.9L 8v, g-grind, euro dual downs to TT race w/ Borla, VWMS fuel dizzy, 2H tranny with 5th gear swap, TT short shift, FK 60/40, 15" BBS RA, rear disks... begging for boost...
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

been spouting that stuff for years..... it rocks
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy: