City Lights

Change overs from US spec to Euro's or slightly newer conversions. Changes to the rear lighting or interior can be talked about here as well.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

windsorlove
What year is your cabby?: 1990

City Lights

Post by windsorlove »

So, i finally hooked up the city lights in my 90 Cabby. I replaced the clear bulb that came with the lights with amber 194's. The problem is, the 194's look much dimmer than the clear bulbs. Does anyone know what bulb is supposed to go in there?

Clear:

Amber:
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Re: City Lights

Post by kamzcab86 »

I can pull the bulb out of mine to check what type it is, provided I remember to (just aged another year :lol: ), but mine is clear:

In the meantime, make sure all of the ground connections are clean and all of your wiring connections for the lights are good. Also verify that the bulb is seated properly. City/park light bulbs are only supposed to be around 5 watts, in Europe anyway.
windsorlove
What year is your cabby?: 1990

Post by windsorlove »

I do realize that the city lights are not supposed to be very bright, but like i said, the 194's seem too dim. The clear light in the first picture is the one that came in the light. The lights came from TMTuning so i am assuming that the bulb that came in the light is correct.
dumpydub
What year is your cabby?: 1984
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by dumpydub »

where did you get those lights? also do they have the crosshairs? its hard to tell in your pic, but im running no bumper and dont want my signals taking up room behind my grille so i was thinking of using the city lights as turn signals. let me know where i can find these. thanks